I love these old school shoe commercials. Seriously, I can't get enough of 'em. All-time greats, laughable production values, not-so-special effects and acting that's so lifeless and wooden it would embarrass those LeBron and Kobe puppets. The best part of this commercial: The slightly creepy forced group laugh at the end. (That's the exact same laugh, by the way, that my college roommate used to have when I walked in on him with an Adam & Eve catalogue.) Second-best part: Larry's delayed reaction after Dr. J takes his shoe. (If only they'd had Larry say "Aw, schucks!" or "Gee willikers!"...)

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:
Blogger Nick Flynt said...
Walked in on him with an Adam and Eve cata......google.....oh...my word.

Now you see why we use puppets and displays of (fake) athletic competition with the shoes, etc. now days. No acting needed, just be incredibly serious about shoes and pretend that they have effect on your game, etc.

Anonymous Czernobog said...
I dunno, Buck. Lebron's insurance commercial is hilarious, and so are Chuck and Dwane's phone commercials. The one with the drunken shrimp is absolute gold.